#LHHATL - S8 Ep 1 - A New Dawn - Review
Love and Hip Hop Atlanta is Back!
And as always it's as juicy as ever!
Everyone is back except Tommie and Scrap Deleon is back on the scene!
I'm going to run down the Drama from start to finish in this episode.
First, if you didn't know Stebbie and Faith Evans have gotten married and I say good for them! Over the summer they were doing a bit too much but now that the honeymoon phase is over they seem to be honestly, just a really happy couple and I'm here for it. This drama with Stevie J is his lack of respect for his baby mother Mimi. In this episode we see Stevie introduce Faith to Eva as his wife without first introducing Faith to Mimi. I think this is blatant disrespect and a well-known shot that Baby Fathers take at Baby Mothers it's very sad Mimi is constantly have to leave her happy place due to Stevie J's antics. My favorite part about this scene is watching Eva she is such a cute little girl and she spilled all the beans because she knows who "took care of" her as she told Stevie herself! Mimi is doing a great job with Eva.Side Tea - Just last week Stevie was picking on Mimi's girlfriend about her place in Eva's life. We all know Stevie is the jealous type so it's not surprising that he is playing games to make Mimi and Ty (Mimi's girlfriend) angry and annoyed.
Second, we have Spice coming through. Now, Spice is interesting to watch. However, I find I don't
understand her perspective all the time and that holds true even more after this episode. In this episode, we see Spice and Tokyo Vanity are friends now and are hanging out at the club where they meet up with a music industry image developer. The Image Developer tells Spice she needs to take her brand to the next level to be taken seriously in America and both Spice and Tokyo get offended. This seemed extra to me because it seemed to me he was just saying twerking on stage in little clubs in that outfit and makeup may work in Jamaica but here you need to step your game up. I think he is right about Spice she has a ton of potential but her look and style are not going to get her American fame. Spice took this all the way to the left and decided to consider "bleaching her skin". I want to believe that Spice thinks that she is doing something good for the community but honestly, in my opinion, she is wearing her insecurities on her sleeves. Spice and Mimi got into it because Spice put her foot in her mouth and said Mimi has never been black because she's not dark skin. I think Spice needs to learn more about American Culture alongside Black American culture before taking a stand on anything.The two things above was really the only real drama in S8E1 however here are some more details you may be interested in. Scrap Deleon is out of prison and staying in a halfway house. It turns out he has a half-sister his Mom never told him about and that's upsetting for him. Karlie has a man and is engaged and happy. And finally, Rasheeda is appearing to be more open to being a step-mother to Kannon. All in all the episode wasn't too exciting except for looking at Spice crazy. I must say I am really loving Mimi's attitude this season, for the first time in ever I'm excited to see what's going to happen with her. Stay Tuned for my thoughts on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Season 8 Episode 2.
Make sure you follow me on Instagram at @thekenziibee and subscribed!

Comments
Post a Comment